I've just landed today in Seattle to mark the Botanical Inks Plant-To-Print Dyes, Techniques and Projects North America/Canada book publication day.
The book is now available here in local stores and online!
To celebrate I've come to spend a few weeks adventuring into the wilds of Washington, Oregon and California, to explore the landscape, get creative and meet some of the natural dye and Fibershed communities, before heading back to the UK via New York.
I'm so excited to be here!!
I'l be starting off the adventure at Botanical Colours natural dye studio in Seattle with Kathy Hattori, offering a promotional workshop and book signings, before disappearing into Oregon to hunt for natural hot springs and giant redwoods. See the full list of events below.
- 23rd August, 10-4pm: Botanical Colours, Seattle, WA. Block Printing With Natural Dyes
- 9th September, 10-1pm: UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens, Berkeley, CA. Wild Ink Making
- 15th September, 10-4pm: West County Fiber Arts, Sebastapool, Sonoma, CA. Bundle Dyeing
- 30th September, 1-4pm: Cattywampus, Ojai, CA. Bundle Dyeing
- 6th October, 3-6pm: Soho House New York. Bundle Dyeing - Members Only
Do get in touch if you would like to connect while I'm here!
Big love, Babs xx